COVID ADVICE for ACTIVE REFEREES
On Thursday 20th May 2021 we finally caught up and hosted our 2020-21 AGM virtually via Zoom in the right month and right year - quite different to our 2019-20 AGM which was delayed until we were confident to be able to hold it virtually in March and in 2021, rather than in May 2020, due to the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. All motions were carried without dissent.
After AGM business (attended by 21 members) and a short break for refreshment, Andy Taylor (pictured above) led the Laws of the Game Quiz, which he devised and which Matthew Dyachuk facilitated, with 14 members staying on to take part. Andy posed ten multi-choice questions for participants to vote on, i.e. select what they thought was the correct answer (and luckily, for some, it was just like a secret ballot) making use of www.live.voxvote.com, which also collated the responses. After each question the Guru, surprised by some of the votings, gave the correct answer, explaining the reasons and as always the Guru's instructive words of wisdom were much appreciated.
Harrow RA members only, but this time all registrations were very closely vetted because at our 2019-20 AGM there was an unwelcome visitor, who interrupted proceedings in a racially abusive way. Details for registering to join the Zoom AGM were e-mailed only to Harrow RA members by the Honorary Secretary. This time they were not available on either our website or on social media.
The AGM and quiz went ahead without incident and was enjoyed by all.
Join Harrow RA Team
Harrow RA is offering the opportunity to join the Management Committee. We have two open posts:
- Honorary Youth Referee Development Officer
- Assistant Youth Development Officer
- What you can and cannot do (Government )
- GOV.UK: Spring 2021 Roadmap
- Latest update of FA Guidance for Non-elite Football in Step 4 from July 19th
- GOV.UK: Covid-19 Grassroots Sports Update
- A letter from Referees’ Association Chairman, Paul Field
- Coronavirus viability on different surfaces/washing clothes/wash fruit and veg in soapy water
- Information From NHS & BMJ
- Social Distancing
Here is some information for the 2020/21 season below:
- FA Grassroots Football Activity during Covid-19
- Middlesex FA Update
- Laws of the game changes 2020-21
- Covid-19 guidance for Grassroot match officials
- Covid 19 guidance for NLS match officials
- Covid-19 guidance for grassroots referee observer
- Covid-19 guidance for NLS referee observer
- Covid-19 summary of guidance for match officials
- Gov.UK: Covid-19 Grassroots Sports Update
How Can Harrow RA Help?
The Harrow Referees' Association is here to help you through your involvement as a football referee.
Young or old, looking to take the course, an eye on a promotion, being an observer or just wanting to learn and socialise with other match officials the Harrow RA is here to offer support and advice.
In normal times we meet face to face once a month during the season at Rayners Lane FC and offer a number of great opportunities to interact with colleagues at all levels of the Refereeing spectrum. Currently, due to the pandemic, we can only meet via the internet on Zoom.
Harrow Referee Association continuously is looking to improve its services to support members. We would like to ask you to help us and complete our short survey.
The survey is anonymous and will take you a few minutes and will help us to know your needs better and to improve your experience with Harrow RA website www.harrowreferees.co.uk
If you would like to be part of this vibrant Referee's Association get in contact with us now or come along to our next meeting.